HHD incubator (cheap chinese one) how to reset Humidity??

amymboxer

Chirping
Mar 19, 2016
So I have a cheap chinese incubator and am going to hatch my first set of eggs. Everything is working fine but the factory setting alarm for humidity goes off at 45%. I was thinking of keeping my humidity around 40% because of what I read on here about better hatches with humidity low until day 18. I cannot figure out how to adjust the humidity and the instructions seem not to tell me. Any ideas?

So I have a cheap chinese incubator and am going to hatch my first set of eggs. Everything is working fine but the factory setting alarm for humidity goes off at 45%. I was thinking of keeping my humidity around 40% because of what I read on here about better hatches with humidity low until day 18. I cannot figure out how to adjust the humidity and the instructions seem not to tell me. Any ideas?

Did you figure it out? If it's the clear top once with yellow turners I have the book and can tell you how. I am guessing not though, as the book that came with mine is excellent.

Did you figure it out? If it's the clear top once with yellow turners I have the book and can tell you how. I am guessing not though, as the book that came with mine is excellent.

I got one (yellow Chinese slopes control panel) as a hatcher so I could move eggs from the big incubator in there for hatching whilst leaving the others still in the other baton on normal Hum.

I'm interested/surprised that you liked the book as I noticed a few strange ideas the worst being on the page about setting eggs it said to set them blunt side down!

I got one (yellow Chinese slopes control panel) as a hatcher so I could move eggs from the big incubator in there for hatching whilst leaving the others still in the other baton on normal Hum.

I'm interested/surprised that you liked the book as I noticed a few strange ideas the worst being on the page about setting eggs it said to set them blunt side down!

Yeah, perhaps its a misprint.

We have a different incubator anyway, so a different book as well.

Last edited:
lol I see you edited your first post before I posted reply ;)

We will keep it between us ;)

It's the same brand HHD but as you say maybe a slightly different model.

There seems to be tons of failures from the one with the squared topped one.

My angled slopey panelled one works quite well I only mention the book as I decided to read it and spotted that odd statement.

It in use as we speak as the hatching bator as it lets me put eggs in at different stages in the main incubator

lol I see you edited your first post before I posted reply ;)

We will keep it between us ;)

It's the same brand HHD but as you say maybe a slightly different model.

There seems to be tons of failures from the one with the squared topped one.

My angled slopey panelled one works quite well I only mention the book as I decided to read it and spotted that odd statement.

It in use as we speak as the hatching bator as it lets me put eggs in at different stages in the main incubator

Yeah brain fart for a second lol.

I use mine the opposite way - as my incubator with my second one acting as my hatcher. This one fits more eggs (56) and the grate is poorly designed so I don't feel safe using it as a hatcher unless I do some modifications. Another member has the same one and the grate killed a couple of his chicks, confirming my thoughts that it shouldn't be designed the way it is.

Last edited:
I'm posting this so that anyone reading your post will have the answer as to how to change the humidity alarm setting. Press the Set button until AL appears, Press the + button and AH appears, Press the + button and the A5 (AS) appears. Press the Set button once and 45 should be there. Press the - button until you get down to 40. Press the Set key once to store the 40. Wait about 5 seconds for it to get out of the program mode. The Humidity is just a monitoring feature so you could set it all the way down to Zero to eliminate any low humidity alarms.:thumbsup

Mine is different so that's why it's important to know which incubator you are actually using. There are several models of "HHD" branded incubators.

For mine:
1. Press and hold SETT for 3 seconds
2. Press + or - until AS appears
3. Push SET.
4. Press + or - to adjust to desired low alarm setting.

I'm posting this so that anyone reading your post will have the answer as to how to change the humidity alarm setting. Press the Set button until AL appears, Press the + button and AH appears, Press the + button and the A5 (AS) appears. Press the Set button once and 45 should be there. Press the - button until you get down to 40. Press the Set key once to store the 40. Wait about 5 seconds for it to get out of the program mode. The Humidity is just a monitoring feature so you could set it all the way down to Zero to eliminate any low humidity alarms.:thumbsup

You have literally saved me a lot of running up and down the stairs. My alarm kept going off and I can't find my book! Thanks

Mine is different so that's why it's important to know which incubator you are actually using. There are several models of "HHD" branded incubators.

For mine:
1. Press and hold SETT for 3 seconds
2. Press + or - until AS appears
3. Push SET.
4. Press + or - to adjust to desired low alarm setting.
You just saved me so much aggrivation!! It wouldn't stop beeping! It was driving me crazy!! Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom