Hi! šŸ„

Welcome!! I am new too and I don't have chickens yet. Australorps are high on my list of wanted breeds.....I think you chose very well. I'm a retired teacher/principal and appreciate home schoolers. It's quite a commitment but surely provides a more well rounded "hands-on" education than schools are able to do in these days of test-driven instruction. Good for you! Enjoy your chicks and keep sending those pics....we love to see them! :jumpy
Thanks so much! Itā€™s always a blessing to hear positive feedback about homeschooling. We are having a blast with it. I did so much research before getting the chicks and the Australorps kept edging out others. Iā€™m hoping for consistent egg production, med-large eggs, friendly dispositions, and dual purpose. Hopefully theyā€™ll live up to their reputation! We are quite in love so far!

Attachments

• D808AB74-1B9D-4CC6-8132-9E662E87706A.jpeg
    D808AB74-1B9D-4CC6-8132-9E662E87706A.jpeg
    474.4 KB · Views: 0
Hereā€™s the brood! My daughter is in love šŸ˜ sheā€™s gonna be a great chick mama. They are all black australorps. They threw in a meal maker chick which was of the Hatcherys choosing but they all look alike so maybe the meal maker was an australorp too.

Thanks for sharing a couple of pictures...your DD looks so happy!

Thanks so much! Itā€™s always a blessing to hear positive feedback about homeschooling. We are having a blast with it. I did so much research before getting the chicks and the Australorps kept edging out others. Iā€™m hoping for consistent egg production, med-large eggs, friendly dispositions, and dual purpose. Hopefully theyā€™ll live up to their reputation! We are quite in love so far!
Your daughter is precious.....a blossoming chick mama!!! I hope to get chickens in spring 2021 after I move from Ohio to Connecticut. I will be watching to see your updates and wishing you well !

Back
Top Bottom