Hi all!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! šŸ”

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

E57425EA-D54F-46D7-ABA5-EE9790D7280C.jpeg

Itā€™s nice to meet you!

Hi all! I got my first chicks after years of waiting. I have 8 chicks and 2 ducklings that I picked up from Tractor Supply. I originally had chicks ordered, but an impromptu family vacation forced me to postpone my order. Because one of the breeds I had ordered was really popular it pushed my order too far into summer for our southern Arizona heat. But I love the variety I got and so far a good portion look like they are the pullets they are supposed to be.

So I got 2 batches a week apart because they didn't have the greatest variety the first time (they had a whole tub of ducks and another of silkies)

My first batch was 2 Easter Eggers pullets, a blue production pullet, 2 sultan bantams that sadly passed and 2 swedish ducks (a chocolate and a black)

The second batch I got were a speckled Sussex pullet, a black turken pullet, a mottled D'uccle bantam, quail D'anver, and a mystery bantam that is starting to look like a dark Brahma bantam pullet.
The Chick gang
View attachment 2081383
Lighter Easter Egger - Daisy
View attachment 2081385
Dark Easter Egger - Maisy
View attachment 2081387
Production Blue - Luna (with Maisy and the D'anver Diesal)
View attachment 2081390
Speckled Sussex- Hazel (picture is about a week old)
View attachment 2081391
Turken - Brunhild
View attachment 2081392
Mottled D'uccle - Phoenix and D'anver - Diesal
View attachment 2081395
Mystery (Dark Brahma?) Bantam - Mesa
View attachment 2081398
SO CUTE!!!! Welcome!!! Canā€™t wait to hear all about your chickies in the future!!
:welcome :woot

Back
Top Bottom