Hi all

haventaclue

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 2, 2013
Ireland
Hi my name is Audrey and I'm living in Ireland.
We got our first 3 hens from a friend breeder who were already laying to get us started.
He then gave us another 3 girls about 14-16 weeks old. They're coming up around 20-22 weeks now and no sign of any eggs yet.
One of the older girls managed to escape and was taken by a fox so we were down to 5. One older girls is going through a hard moult so not laying and our other girl is brooding!!!!
So we picked up from a friend looking to rehome 3 new hens, one is laying one is 16 weeks old and one 3 wk old silkie.
Now I'm sure one is a roo, which is fine by us but were not sure. If I tried to post a pic could someone be able to tell????
Thanks a million

Whittni

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Welcome to BYC! If you post a picture of your chicken, I'm sure someone could help. Chickens start to lay around 22-26 weeks of age, some take longer, and some less, it depends on the breed.

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to BYC. Post a picture and someone will provide an answer. Sometimes it's even a correct answer.
lol.png

haventaclue

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 2, 2013
Ireland
I can't seem to get the pic uploaded from my phone but will try from the laptop later.
Thank you so much for the welcome and your time for replying
1f60a.png

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
welcome-byc.gif
If you are referring to the silkie, they are very hard to sex before 4-5 mos. old. You may like to post on the Silky thread - just put that in the search box.

Top Bottom