Hi all

haventaclue

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 2, 2013
Ireland
Hi my name is Audrey and I'm living in Ireland.
We got our first 3 hens from a friend breeder who were already laying to get us started.
He then gave us another 3 girls about 14-16 weeks old. They're coming up around 20-22 weeks now and no sign of any eggs yet.
One of the older girls managed to escape and was taken by a fox so we were down to 5. One older girls is going through a hard moult so not laying and our other girl is brooding!!!!
So we picked up from a friend looking to rehome 3 new hens, one is laying one is 16 weeks old and one 3 wk old silkie.
Now I'm sure one is a roo, which is fine by us but were not sure. If I tried to post a pic could someone be able to tell????
Thanks a million

Welcome to BYC! If you post a picture of your chicken, I'm sure someone could help. Chickens start to lay around 22-26 weeks of age, some take longer, and some less, it depends on the breed.

Welcome to BYC. Post a picture and someone will provide an answer. Sometimes it's even a correct answer.
lol.png

I can't seem to get the pic uploaded from my phone but will try from the laptop later.
Thank you so much for the welcome and your time for replying
1f60a.png

welcome-byc.gif
If you are referring to the silkie, they are very hard to sex before 4-5 mos. old. You may like to post on the Silky thread - just put that in the search box.

Back
Top Bottom