Hi All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by berjdfaylor, Mar 11, 2014.

1. berjdfaylor

berjdfaylor New Egg

Mar 11, 2014
    Well, I finally sat down to share with you all my new adventure to chicken-hood. First I have to say, I am so happy that I have been following this group. It is through here that I found everything I needed for my chickens and I. To be healthy, happy and grow. My friend is well experienced with chickens and after buying so many of her fresh eggs, I decided to take on the adventure. Through her help and BYC, I was able to find and do all I needed for the new experience.
    We both split the bill for 25 black australorps, I got 10 and she kept the rest. She raised them to the pullet age and they were ready to leave the brooder. We had the coop (an old one from her home, refinished) ready to go when they arrived. And through lots of trial and very little error, we figured this whole chicken thing figured out. At one point, my dogs had broken through our amazing defenses and got to two of our girls. Not long after that half the flock ended up with sour crop; which we were able to treat successfully through the advice here, with minimal intervention.
    Now all the girls are happy, healthy, stress-free, and sociable and giving us our first eggs!!!
    So thanks to you all for all the help. And it seems that I have inspired some friends to join in on the amazing feat of chicken-hood.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and Welcome! Beautiful birds, so happy you are enjoying them.

3. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Beautiful flock, and looks like lots of great eggs!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Your son sure seems to be enjoying them. Glad you joined the flock.

6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Love your flock!! The Black Australorps are all I keep. They are such an enjoyable breed.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - your birds are in great condition.

9. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    THey look great! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by