Hi and new to posting anything and BYC

CarolB

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 22, 2010
I have been raising chickens for several years along with the help of my hubby. We recently built a new chicken house. It is very nice, but of course we made a few mistakes. Will be asking questions about that later. We have currently some older chickens that were the best layers I ever had. They are just now getting a little tired. They are now about seven mixed flock chickens. This summer we bought and have successfully raised a new bunch consisting of golden wyandottes, light brahmas, and favorelles, all pullets. We were hoping for a rooster in the bunch, but no luck. We will be looking for a rooster later. Also, we raised a separate bunch of banties that we are absolutely in love with and have been something of a challenge. They have their own side of the chicken house. They are white silkies, seabrights, and Japanese buffs. It is our first experience with these banty breeds. Wow! We should have done our research on silkies. In addition to this we have a cat named Tango that thinks he runs things around here and keeps us in line including when we should come in for the night and our bed times. He is the best mouser we have ever had and even helps us keep an eye on the rest of the chickens. We let the big chickens free range. We have plenty of area for them to range. I have several questions that I will be posting ( or trying to post ) soon. Looking forward to any assistance I can get.

welcome-byc.gif
from Missouri!!

Welcome! Glad you could join us! You'll find many wonderful, friendly people who are generous with their time and expertise. This is a GREAT place to hang out! BTW, you should have no problem finding a roo for your ladies later on. There always seem to be more roos than good homes for them, sadly...

Back
Top Bottom