1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi BYC, new RIR mom here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nala2010, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Nala2010

Nala2010 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2016
    I am a first time mom to a BEAUTIFUL Rhode Island Red named Lil' Bit. She's my heart! I got her for my birthday in March 2015 when she was about a week old. I raised her in my house for as long as I could, until she outgrew the guinea pig cage that she slept in nightly. She is SPOILED like crazy. She still comes in when she pleases and hangs out with us and is, believe it or not, completely potty trained. Lol... I ran across BYC looking for answers to an issue I am having. If anyone can help, I'd be grateful. She's my world and I would do anything to keep her safe.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Nala2010

Jan 5, 2016
    Thank you! I am learning and reading, but I need some advice quickly, where is the proper place in the forum to post about an issue I am having with a rooster in my yard?

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could ask that question about the rooster here. Just please let us know in detail what is going on with him and we will do our best to advice you.

5. Nala2010

Jan 5, 2016
    I found the spot, thank you! :)

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad you're enjoying your RIR!

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by