HI Chicken Lovers!

Hi there italianochicken, I have Asils and a few other cross bred chickens as its difficult to get pure strains of barred rocks or RIR in my country.

P.S. I live in India.

Hi RooDen
Interesting did not know that it was difficult to get pure breeds in India. I was reading an article the other day on color of egg yokes and healthy chickens as healthy are to be orange in color and in many markets the eggs are yellow not orange. How are the color of your egg yokes compared to your market eggs? or describe your eggs as ours from our chickens are more orange than the store bought yellow eggs.

Actually regarding pure bred chickens they are available only at the research institutes as the people here prefer hybrid varieties. Coming to the color of yolks, yes the yolks are orange of my backyard flock as compared to market eggs which are yellow. My aseels have yolks that are like much more bulky than the market or any other local breed.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I saw a place selling white leghorns yesterday (I live in Kenya, and like RooDen its very difficult to get specific breeds here also) so its my plan to get some as soon as i can (I should say that i bought 10 additional chickens 2 weeks ago, so I don't know what i am playing at, but nevermind
smile.png
).

All the best
CT

Hi CT,
I really enjoy my leghorn chickens they have a very good disposition. They are good egg layers. I hope you will be able to get some in your area. Chickens are a good source of food, as well as they help keep the ground clean and contribute to the soil.They originate from the tuscan region of Italy.
ItalianoChicken

Hi CT,
I really enjoy my leghorn chickens they have a very good disposition. They are good egg layers. I hope you will be able to get some in your area. Chickens are a good source of food, as well as they help keep the ground clean and contribute to the soil.They originate from the tuscan region of Italy.
ItalianoChicken

I'll try. I've got a flock of 20 already, but you can never have too many chickens - right?
smile.png

CT

Back
Top Bottom