Hi every one

rachal

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 29, 2014
Look forward to learning some new things from y'all! I have had chickens now for about 2 years and use this site for all my questions!

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you finally decided to join our community!

So pull up a roost bar and make yourself at home. If you have any questions, that is what we are here for.

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

I have RIR and 1 buff Orpington! No pictures yet but I do have a question. Buffy (my buff Orpington) was laying in her side today when I went down to feed them. She was in the hen house and could not get up. I picked her up and set her in her feet and she was walking/ running fine. She is also eating and drinking water fine. She fell over and now can't seem to get back up. What could be wrong?

Was she dust bathing at all? Sometimes when they dust bathe they can go into these trance like states and lay there on their sides. The legs get rubbery and they can't stand. If you were able to pick her up, stand her up and she was fine and you found her again like this, could be just bathing in the bedding.

If she continues to do this constantly, then it maybe something else. Keep an eye on her and if she starts to show signs of any illness, let us know. :)

I just went and checked on her and she seem to be doing better. She got off of the roost to meet and seems to be really unstable on her feet.

Back
Top Bottom