Hi everyone, I'm new to BYC, AND chickens in general!

spatdi

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 1, 2012
Houston
I have 3 hens that I recently found out were Asil's. Pearl(black) is the Momma, Penny(6mos-wheaton) and Snowy(6mos-white). However I think they are mixed because while I see some known characteristics, Pearl is a good layer. From what I've read the breed is not known to be good egg layers.
Anyone that has experience with the breed?

welcome-byc.gif

Beware of Chicken Math!
wink.png

Greetings from Kansas, spatdi, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our flock. "Chicken Math" refers to people (like me) saying, "Oh, I'll just get 2 chickens...that's all I need. Oh, wait, there's this one breed I have always wanted to have so I better get one of those, too. And, the hatchery is running a special that I should really take advantage of"....etc. Before long your "two" chickens has grown to a huge flock, all due to chicken math!
About aseels/asils...I know nothing but here is a link you might try: https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/aseel
Best of luck to you!

HI Spadti. This is one of the best chicken websites that I've found. I hope you find the information that you're looking for, somethings that you wouldn't think about before chickens, and friends that have similar interests

Back
Top Bottom