Hi Everyone! New here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KYFarmGirl94, May 30, 2011.

1. KYFarmGirl94

KYFarmGirl94 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    Hi everybody! My name is Robin and I live in Kentucky along with my wonderful husband, daughter, son, and a whole host of furry and feathered friends! We have 8 horses, 16 cats, 4 dogs, 2 bottle baby calves, 15 ducks, 3 geese, and more chickens than I can begin counting! We have our "regular" farm chickens and then my daughter and I have our "special" chicks! lol My hubby doesn't quite understand the reason for having chickens that don't serve a purpose other than looking cool, but what can you expect from a farm boy?! Gotta love him though!
    Our "specials" are Silkies, Polish, d'Uccles, Seramas, and Cochins. I never knew chickens could be this entertaining, but they are. We love all of our babies!
    I hope to gain a lot of information and make some new friends here! [​IMG]

2. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC! Do you show your ornamentals?

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. KYFarmGirl94

KYFarmGirl94 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    We don't show them as of right now, but who knows what the future holds?? We actually bought the Silkies from a lady whose daughter shows them and these are "show quality", so it is a possibility. I'd like to know a little bit more about showing first though! lol All we've ever shown were horses (still do).

Robin

5. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    That's awesome!

6. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    [​IMG] Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you ahve your hands full![​IMG]

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there, fellow Kentuckian! Are you eastern, central, or western? [​IMG] We're close to as far west as one can get in KY. [​IMG] Sounds like you have a lovely menagerie there! You've come to the right place! Here on BYC, you'll find LOTS of friendly people, tons of valuable, helpful information, topics of conversation to keep your interest piqued, and goodnatured ribbing & good old fashioned FUN! Pull up a comfortable chair and let's get acquainted! [​IMG]

8. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    Welcome from Florida! I was waiting to read you had a partridge in a pear tree too, lol. You'll certainly learn a lot in here and make some new friends.

9. cjizzle

cjizzle Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Welcome, also new here and have a new case of chicken fever

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by