Hi everyone! New to BYC from Redding, CA

RachB

Songster
7 Years
May 10, 2015
Hi.... My name is Rachel from Redding, Ca. and I'm new to BYC. My husband and I have 6 new girls. 3 Easter Eggers, 1 Ameraucana, and 2 golden laced wyandottes. This is our first time with chickens and we are LOVIN IT! We have been enjoying this site. We come here for almost any question we have! Now if I can just figure out if I have all girls or not .....
idunno.gif
lol.png

Welcome to BYC, Rachel! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your flock. You've picked out some great breeds! Definitely check out the link provided by TwoCrows. There are some experts there that can help you determine the gender of your birds. I love the chick in your avatar! So cute!

Good luck with your flock and feel free to ask any questions. Glad you joined.

Welcome to BYC, Rachel. Glad you decided to join our flock. My family and I raised chickens for seven years in the Corning area (about 45 miles south of Redding on I5). Because summer temperatures get so hot in that area, be sure that your birds have plenty of shade, good coop ventilation, and lots of cool, fresh water. Setting up summer sprinklers and giving them treats like frozen watermelon will help out as well. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom