Hi everyone! New to BYC

Rosanna

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
PA
Hi! My name’s Rosanna and I live in Dillsburg, PA. I’m so glad I found this website, it has been incredibly helpful. After doing a lot of research, my husband and I decided to get some chicks. This is my first time raising chickens, and I’m loving every minute of it! We got them when they were 1 week old from a local farm store and they are now 7 weeks old today! They grow so fast, I love seeing the changes in them everyday and I can’t wait to spoil them with treats. I kept them in a brooder in our basement until I moved them to their coop last weekend. We were planning on building a coop, but we are in the process of renovating our entire house, so we just didn’t have the time to take on another project unfortunately. My husband is building their run, which should be ready in a few days. I work during the day so I haven't decided yet if I will leave the chicks outside in the run when I'm not there. We have a lot of predators around so it makes me nervous.

This is the first week that I’ve taken them outside to roam around the yard since it has been so cold, rainy, and snowy up until now. They are loving the outdoors and love exploring everything, it’s so fun to watch! We have 6 chicks.. 2 Buff Orpingtons named Buffy & Sabrina, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes named Selena & Brooke, 1 black Australorp named Jasmine, and 1 Gold Laced Wyandotte who I am waiting for my husband to name. I love these girls!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! What a pretty little flock, they sure do grow fast don't they. That is a nice looking coop, good luck with the run build! If you really predator proof your run well, there is no reason you couldn't leave the girls in the coop/run while you aren't there, especially if the weather is nice, they'll like it.

images

Welcome to BYC!

What an adorable flock you have!
love.gif
Oh and I love your coop! I almost went with a prebuilt coop like that one when I first started. Do you like it?

Well, make yourself at home here on BYC and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Hi, Rosanna, welcome to BYC. Keep an eye on the SLW facing the feed dish in pic # 3. It looks somewhat masculine to me.

images

Welcome to BYC!

What an adorable flock you have! :love  Oh and I love your coop! I almost went with a prebuilt coop like that one when I first started. Do you like it?

Well, make yourself at home here on BYC and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Thanks everyone, appreciate it! TwoCrows, I'm loving our prebuilt coop! I wish we would've been able to build one but this one is very well constructed and has been keeping my girls safe. :) thanks!

Hi, Rosanna, welcome to BYC.  Keep an eye on the SLW facing the feed dish in pic # 3.  It looks somewhat masculine to me.

I have noticed that her face started looking different in the past two days. I'll keep an eye on her, I'm really hoping she's a girl! Here's another photo taken yesterday. What's an easy way to tell?

Back
Top Bottom