Hi everyone! Thanks for all the friendly welcome messages.

scottduncan

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
My name's Scott Duncan and I'm a longtime chicken enthusiast. Thought I'd check in for some chicken dialogue. I love all the breeds, kind of partial to the Games, though. I'm from NW WA. Looks like members are from a wide variety of geographical locations, should be fun to talk to you all. Technically challenged, will try to get the hang of this.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome from northern California! I hope you enjoy your time here, learn a lot, and make plenty of friends!
big_smile.png
I like the game breeds as well, particularly old english game bantams!

Thanks all,

Great to 'meet ' you! Look'n forward to talking chickens with you.

Especially curious with how you deal with raccoons. A few months ago I lost several chickens to one. Finally bought one of those havahart traps. Caught the little rascal, then drove him about an hour away and released him into the deep forest. Afterwards, people teased me, said I should've just shot him. Really? What do you think?

frow.gif
from San Diego!

I haven't had any predator problems . . . yet! We get rattle snakes on our property and because of the kids and dogs we move them. I can't bring myself to kill an animal that is only doing what it's instincts tell it to do. I live in the mountains right before the desert. This IS the last frontier for many wild animals. I think it's our responsibility to keep our animals in safe pens knowing that we live amongst wildlife.

I have neighbors that kept goats in a pen made out of straw bales. Then they were shocked that a mountain lion killed and dragged one off. They tethered another goat on their property to attract the lion, which did return, and they killed it. I just think that's wrong. Put them in a barn and close them up at night.

welcome-byc.gif
You'll get lots of different opinions....on EVERYTHING here!
smile.png
It's a wealth of information and most people on here are respectful.

Back
Top Bottom