Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SiriusChicken, May 22, 2017.

1. SiriusChicken

SiriusChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2017
    Smith River, CA
    I've been reading posts here for awhile and I love it. It's such a great site. I recently got six chicks. I grew up on a farm and helped my mom with chickens every day as a kid. I've always loved them and I'm so happy to finally have my own. The hatchery had a limited choice so I got my first Silkies. They're almost 10 weeks old now & so adorable & snuggly but also needy so I baby them). Wookie is a buff pullet (my smallest baby & favorite, she's always been the bravest & most worried about the other chicks but now she's the smallest so gets pecked a bit). Poof is a white cockerel (I went through a LOT of pics and advice here, thanks everyone!). My daughter got me a barred Rock, Onyx & a Buff Orp, Buffy the Bug Slayer (almost 9 wks now). I also have two 14 wk old Rhode Island Reds Homey and Raptor (the mean girl). They are all very spoiled and come running when I call Babies! They also follow us around even into the house if we're not paying attention. They love to lounge on the porch with the dogs, their protectors, who chase hawks for fun and adore the chickens. I also want to get some Black Austrolorps & Ameraucanas & a few other breeds if I can make the space. :) Chickens are addictive!

CP Chicken and The Angry Hen like this.
  2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Egg Grower Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.
    I would love to see some pictures of your flock!

3. Egg - Static

Egg - Static Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2016
    Mississippi
    I would also enjoy pictures of the feather buddies! :welcome

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Welcome to BYC!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Really, chickens are addictive ??? You've certainly come to the right place. Bycers are enablers to the hilt. We will never say you have too many birds. In fact I think you should also get some Sebrights, Cochins and Ayam Cemanis, etc.

Welcome to the wild chicken group her at BYC. :ya

SiriusChicken and CTKen like this.
  6. SiriusChicken

Apr 22, 2017
    Smith River, CA
    Ha ha that's great! I'm not familiar with those breeds so I'll have to look them up. Or do you have pictures? I've heard of Cochins and I love bantams but we had them back when they weren't miniatures of every breed. So I have no idea what kinds we had. My mom interbred all her chickens with bantams since they survived hawks and coyotes better. So I have a lot to learn about breeds. :)

7. SiriusChicken

Apr 22, 2017
    Smith River, CA
    IMG_9579.JPG IMG_9583.JPG IMG_9610.JPG
    Ok I found a few. :)

8. SiriusChicken

Apr 22, 2017
    Smith River, CA
    IMG_9586.JPG IMG_9602.JPG IMG_9603.JPG IMG_9608.JPG IMG_9611.JPG IMG_9616.JPG IMG_9618.JPG
    Here's some more from today.

9. SiriusChicken

Apr 22, 2017
    Smith River, CA
    Thanks!

10. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Living in a galaxy far, far away...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by