Hi everyone

SiriusChicken

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2017
Willow Creek, CA
I've been reading posts here for awhile and I love it. It's such a great site. I recently got six chicks. I grew up on a farm and helped my mom with chickens every day as a kid. I've always loved them and I'm so happy to finally have my own. The hatchery had a limited choice so I got my first Silkies. They're almost 10 weeks old now & so adorable & snuggly but also needy so I baby them). Wookie is a buff pullet (my smallest baby & favorite, she's always been the bravest & most worried about the other chicks but now she's the smallest so gets pecked a bit). Poof is a white cockerel (I went through a LOT of pics and advice here, thanks everyone!). My daughter got me a barred Rock, Onyx & a Buff Orp, Buffy the Bug Slayer (almost 9 wks now). I also have two 14 wk old Rhode Island Reds Homey and Raptor (the mean girl). They are all very spoiled and come running when I call Babies! They also follow us around even into the house if we're not paying attention. They love to lounge on the porch with the dogs, their protectors, who chase hawks for fun and adore the chickens. I also want to get some Black Austrolorps & Ameraucanas & a few other breeds if I can make the space. :) Chickens are addictive!

Welcome to BYC.
I would love to see some pictures of your flock!

Really, chickens are addictive ??? You've certainly come to the right place. Bycers are enablers to the hilt. We will never say you have too many birds. In fact I think you should also get some Sebrights, Cochins and Ayam Cemanis, etc.

Welcome to the wild chicken group her at BYC. :ya

Really, chickens are addictive ??? You've certainly come to the right place. Bycers are enablers to the hilt. We will never say you have too many birds. In fact I think you should also get some Sebrights, Cochins and Ayam Cemanis, etc.

Welcome to the wild chicken group her at BYC. :ya

Ha ha that's great! I'm not familiar with those breeds so I'll have to look them up. Or do you have pictures? I've heard of Cochins and I love bantams but we had them back when they weren't miniatures of every breed. So I have no idea what kinds we had. My mom interbred all her chickens with bantams since they survived hawks and coyotes better. So I have a lot to learn about breeds. :)

IMG_9579.JPG
IMG_9583.JPG
IMG_9610.JPG
I would also enjoy pictures of the feather buddies! :welcome

Ok I found a few. :)

Back
Top Bottom