Hi everyone!

KeriMK

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2020
Bay Area, California, USA
Hi there! My name is Keri and I'm just getting started with backyard chickens. In fact, I don't even have any yet. We are planning on picking up 3 chicks this Saturday and I'm super excited. I've been dreaming of this project for many years and have been researching seriously for probably 18 months. I'm a librarian, so if there's one thing I can't get enough of, it is research!
We've got the brooder mostly set up, the coop is on the way (I'm sure that will be fun to put together!), and I feel pretty prepared to start this little adventure. I have always loved to keep animals and have had cats, dogs, rats, mice, reptiles, and even a Madagascar millipede in the past. My last furbaby, a bodacious big gray cat named Pele who was my constant companion for 16 years, passed away a couple years ago and I was gutted; it's taken me a while to feel ready to have feathered /furry friends around again but now I can't wait.
I found this site through my research process and have come back to it many times in recent months as we get things ready for our chicks. It has been a huge help, so thank you! I'm excited to be a part of this community and to keep learning.

Take care, stay well!

Keri

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom