Hi everyone :)

I'm new here but I've been raising chickens for about 15 years or so for eggs, meat, and just for fun! I currently have 21 birds but I have some in the incubator right now too and some on the way by mail (first time I've ever ordered chicks in the mail, so this will be interesting)! My dad got me my very own bitties when I was around 12 years old, and from that point on I was hooked. What the heck would I even be doing with my life if I wasn't greeted by these special critters first thing every morning? It never gets old!

Along with chickens, I raise Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, which are also quite addicting😁 I garden too and I'm excited to be putting in my first greenhouse this summer, especially since my plants have taken over every window in the house! I also have 2 dogs and 3 cats to help me tend to our garden and all the farm animals. We all have quite a bit of fun here :)

I acquired my love for animals and passion for farming from my grandparents and our family farm, and I am grateful every day for the opportunities I've been blessed with and for all they have taught me. I joined BYC because I am always looking to learn more plus I hope to share my own experiences too! It makes it all that much more worth it when it can help others out. Looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from y'all! ❤️
Welcome! What a beautiful legacy of your grandparents that is alive in you! I look forward to learning from you because I'm pretty new into this. I adopted a flock of 7 laying hens last year, not sure what age, and I'm already down to 4. 😅 We're happy that you're here!

1620383200888.png

Goats are so fun to be around.

I'm new here but I've been raising chickens for about 15 years or so for eggs, meat, and just for fun! I currently have 21 birds but I have some in the incubator right now too and some on the way by mail (first time I've ever ordered chicks in the mail, so this will be interesting)! My dad got me my very own bitties when I was around 12 years old, and from that point on I was hooked. What the heck would I even be doing with my life if I wasn't greeted by these special critters first thing every morning? It never gets old!

Along with chickens, I raise Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, which are also quite addicting😁 I garden too and I'm excited to be putting in my first greenhouse this summer, especially since my plants have taken over every window in the house! I also have 2 dogs and 3 cats to help me tend to our garden and all the farm animals. We all have quite a bit of fun here :)

I acquired my love for animals and passion for farming from my grandparents and our family farm, and I am grateful every day for the opportunities I've been blessed with and for all they have taught me. I joined BYC because I am always looking to learn more plus I hope to share my own experiences too! It makes it all that much more worth it when it can help others out. Looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from y'all! ❤️
What a nice intro! Welcome to BYC I'm sure you will enjoy it here

Back
Top Bottom