Hi fae Scotland

Sorry to have been a stranger since joining! Thanks for your welcomes!! So, to catch up...
My ducks didn't fair very well I'm afraid, I had a rat problem and only two ducklings made it to childhood (duckhood?) and then the worst thing happened just before christmas- American Mink :-( this visit resulted in me finding all seven ducks the next morning ripped to bits on the island. A very sad day. My hens hatched nine chicks and raised them all with no losses WOOHOO, that was woohoo until I realised seven of them were roosters! What are the odds? I've moved the roosters into their own pen and left the dad with the mothers in the other pen. I'm currently building a large pen and coop (with internal dividers and separate entrances/exits to separate parts of the run for the two groups) and will move them in soon. I also bought a couple Barnevelder POLs :).
TDR
Sorry about all the loses. :hugs But congrats on the chicks!! :jumpy Enjoy your flock!

Some family members have visited Scotland and loved it. They also saw displays of dogs working the sheep - young puppies among them doing what the big dogs did. Adorable.
They bought me a small stuffed border collie named Jenny. They could not get over how beautiful and green Scotland is .

Yup, we certainly get enough rain to keep the countryside green!! The American mink are currently a BIG problem here. They have no predators and they bred like wildfire last year so the offspring are out looking for new areas to populate...and devastating livestock as they go. There is a invasive species organisation setting raft traps all over the NE Scotland right now. Fingers crossed it helps.
TDR

Back
Top Bottom