Hi! From Baltimore County, Maryland

Silverbamboo33

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
We are hoping to have chickens in Baltimore County, MD but unfortunately, there is a 1-acre minimum needed in order to own pet chickens. My husband, and 2 elementary aged kids reside on .33 of an acre.

We are campaigning for the regulation change which involves a petition and/or sending a letter to your Baltimore County council rep... Would anyone be interested in participating? We have had excellent feedback from the council so far, and we're hoping the momentum continues... I can provide information if there is interest - I don't want to be viewed as a spammer.

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to BYC from Arizona! This is the place to be for all your chicken news, connections to fabulous fowl folks and more!

IF you can't have chickens yet... you might try quail or certain kinds of ducks that aren't too loud. Good luck, I'm sure you will find good info and support from BYC on how to go about changing the ordinance.

We are hoping to have chickens in Baltimore County, MD but unfortunately, there is a 1-acre minimum needed in order to own pet chickens. My husband, and 2 elementary aged kids reside on .33 of an acre.

We are campaigning for the regulation change which involves a petition and/or sending a letter to your Baltimore County council rep... Would anyone be interested in participating? We have had excellent feedback from the council so far, and we're hoping the momentum continues... I can provide information if there is interest - I don't want to be viewed as a spammer.

Thank you for your help!
Good for you and keep fighting to own chickens. I am curious how much land you need to own a dog? I am reminded of a Bible verse when it says they strain at a knat and choke on a camel...lol. More kids need to have farm experiences.

Back
Top Bottom