HI from Central VA

PeakeFarm

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
New to BYC. Husband is building me a coop and I am ordering Black Giants chicks this week. 14 pullets and one rooster. We looked at prefab coops but they were made pretty crappy and the price tag was crazy! I also have 2 Dwarf Nigerian goats, Roux and Tuck. I plan on breeding Roux next year in time to have late spring kids. 2 cats, one of which is pushing 18 yrs old and 2 dogs.

Never been much of a computer person and have never been on a forum so hope i'm doing this right lol. I love BYC and will be nice to talk to others.

Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC :) This is a great forum
jumpy.gif

Greetings from Kansas, Peakefarm, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! I know what you mean about the prefab coops - pretty junky, won't last and quite pricey. Even I, who is building challenged prefers the coop I made to anything I could have purchased. Good luck to you and your flock!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! Cant wait to get my chickens. Ive had them before about 6 years ago. To make a long story short, we moved couldn't take big coop, set them up in a temp and before we could build another Brer Fox and his family cleaned them out! SOoo, building critter safe coop before the chicks come. With wire on top of the pen, as the fox' climbed a six foot pen to get in.

Drumstick Diva, yep she's an old one. Looking it too. Didn't think she would last this long but she keeps kicking. Just hope she goes peacefully in her sleep and I don't have to take her to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom