Hi from Co. Down in Northern Ireland

Wee Les

In the Brooder
May 30, 2017
Annahilt Northern Ireland
Hi everyone and hello from County Down

Only recently joined the forum but have been snooping around for some time picking up tips and advice.

My wife and I live just outside Annahilt, about 10 miles south of Belfast in a rural farming area, mostly sheep and cattle with a few horses for good measure.

We moved out from the local town of Lisburn about 8 years ago and have been keeping chickens for about 3 years. We current have 2 Light Sussex, (1 hen and one rooster "Rocky"), 1 French copper maran, 1 leghorn ish!, 1 barnyard mix we hatched ourselves last year, 1 Milli-fleur Rooster and a pair of Sebright Bantams.

To increase our flock this year we have 15 chicks at 3 weeks and another 15 due in a few days.

As well as chickens we also two dachshunds, Pepper (13 years), and Dudly (12 years) as well as our Cat (Porky, 17 years).

Wow! What a wonderful mix. I always wonder if people are able to get some of the different breeds in the other areas, especially islands (because of import quarantine and such).

I bet it's beautiful where you live, though maybe a bit too cold for me :)

Hello and welcome! I had the pleasure of visiting Ireland last year. The scenery was as beautiful as the people. Every where I went the people were so friendly. Such green gorgeous countryside. Loved it!!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. My sister and her adult daughter just came back from their vacation in Ireland. That was their second visit. They love Ireland, and proved it by taking over 860 photos.

My niece had hoped to visit some horse farms but, never thought to inquire first. She couldn't find any.

Back
Top Bottom