Hi from East Gippsland Vic.Australia

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Hi Paul,
I'm in Adelaide. How have your girls been coping in the hot weather? I lost a couple on a 43 degree day a few years ago (early on in my chook learning curve). My girls and the shady places they like in the garden have been getting lots of water on the hot days.

I can relate to the saying goodnight, if I'm on the phone or have people over I tell them "I just have to kiss the chooks goodnight."
smile.png

BYC is an excellent resource and there is always someone who has an answer to questions. Also it is full of people who understand just how addictive chooks are and don't look at you like your crazy when you tell them the latest thing you did for your chooks. (watching tv with my little pullet cos she got picked on by the others going into the coop at night and had to wait til it got a bit darker to go in, springs to mind)

Enjoy your chooks and BYC.
frow.gif

Hi Holly,
I just looked on BYC and saw your post. My chooks did not like the heat, they dug themselves holes under the coupe and sat it out where it was nice and shady. We don't get the heat like where you are and when we do, it does not last long. I have a large enclosed vege garden where they spend most of the day. It has corn and sun flowers in one corner which is their forrest . It will be their food too when it ripens. I can section areas off so when they start to really dig things up it can be rested.
BYC is great, still not sure how to navigate around, but that will come with time and pressing buttons.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom