Hi from England

FredaH

Hatching
Apr 16, 2016
Essex, England
I'm Freda and I've been lurking the forum for the past week, I have to say the information I've found here has been amazing and I've learned so much from you guys.
I've always been a 'dog person' three Malamutes and two terriers, along with around 24 assorted tarantulas and five mice but have recently acquired three pigeon eggs from a building site which were about to be destroyed. I've bought a small Janoel incubator, candled the eggs and all are fertile. One is due for hatching mid next week and the other two towards the end of the month. I've got my Kaytee mix, syringes with balloon attachments on the end and if I manage to raise these guys I'll be having an aviary built for them - my son's a carpenter. I've raised two abandoned ring necked doves, a wood pigeon and a woodpecker in the last few years - although I've never had the pleasure of actually hatching eggs before. All these birds eventually went on to live in wildlife sanctuarys but these guys I want to keep.
So that's me and my menagerie and I know anything can go wrong, fully prepared for that but with this fantastic site I'm sure my guys will be given the best chance of thriving and the little fellas were doomed if they'd been left in the way of the building construction. I'm sorry I've not got chickens but who knows - perhaps one day.
Thanks for letting me join and I'll thoroughly enjoy reading posts and learning more to give my guys the best shot.

Freda :)

Very nice to meet you Freda. I don't know anything about pigeons but BYC has a thread for pigeons and doves. I'm sure some of the folks on there have incubated and/or hand fed pigeons. You could also check out the threads on caged birds.

Hi Freda and welcome to BYC - glad that you've joined us.

You may wish to join the UK members thread "UK members, please say Hi" - lots of friendly people there.

All the best
CT

Hi guys, thanks for your welcomes. :)
I didn't know BYC had a UK site and will navigate to find it, I found the pigeon section and it's way useful. I'm trying not to get too excited about my potential hatchlings but have to admit I'm finding that hard - just not showing my family because I don't want to get their hopes up too.
Beautiful day in this part of the globe and life's good. Hope you all have a lovely day too.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Freda, it's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom