Hi from France

Sarah1508

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2016
Hi folks
After my panic with the new duck yesterday I thought I'd introduce myself properly now! We moved to a farm in central France with 11 acres in November 2015 and on doing so inherited 6 chickens and 2 ducks.
Unfortunately a fox ate one of our ducks (Rick) on Sunday so we got the remaining one (Pat) a new friend (Paddy) on Monday. After spending all yesterday inside the coop Paddy has decided to let Pat show him round our land and our neighbours.

The hens are a mixture, sorry for my lack of knowledge but we have 2 red ones, Faberge and Little Red Hen; 2 Sussex, Brighton and Hastings; a grey one(!) sorry, her name is Grace and a small fluffy footed white one, which we call Funky Bantam, she probably isn't a bantam at all but the name suits her.
They are all getting a bit more comfortable with us and Faberge will eat out of my hand.
We've had some issues with their house over winter due to strong winds and rain but they all seem happy enough and we get 3-4 eggs per day.

Hi Sarah and
welcome-byc.gif
- glad that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box as there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to post pics of your flock on the "what breed or gender is this?" forum where the gurus there will tell you what breeds you have.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom