Hi from Metro Atlanta - Palmetto

StoverCreek

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 13, 2013
Palmetto, Georgia
Hi,
I have a farm in Coweta county which is about 30 minutes south of the Atlanta airport. It is home to a small flock of barred rocks, some horses, a dog and a few cats. They all allow my husband, three daughters and myself to live there as long as we feed them when they want. :)

Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad to have you aboard!!
highfive.gif

Hey! I am a new member as well and am in Fayette County! We are just in the beginning stages of raising laying chickens. How long have you been doing it? And what kind do you have?

Hi FarmFamily, we are neighbors! I have 10 8-week old barred rocks. I posted our chicken house building saga in the Coop Building section. How bout you?

Wow!! That's awesome! We are just in the beginning stages here. We are looking at chicken coops and reading a lot to find out exactly what we need. Trying to do things right the first time!! We have a friend who has some chickens and we are going to talk to him tomorrow night and get as much information as we can from him. Any suggestions for us? We live on about 5.5 acres. Everyone in our neighborhood has at least 5 acres and we back up to about 150 acres of woods. We have a few dogs and couple cats right now, and can't wait to get some chickens and have fresh eggs!!

Back
Top Bottom