Hi From NC

NigerianMeadows

Hatching
Jan 25, 2015
Hi!
Introducing myself, I am a small homestead-style farmer in eastern North Carolina. I have had fowl, mostly chickens of one breed or another and all in between, for about 10 years. A couple years ago we moved to a swampy property and added ducks, and this year geese. Tried some turkeys, but they liked the road a bit too much :D In addition to birds, we have dairy goats, some bees, and some small breed pigs. I am the main farm manager, homeschool teacher, and builder for our farm, which suits my creative spirit. My favorite breed of chicken is the cochin so far, but I want some brahmas and would LOVE to have some marens. My favorite goose is the Dewlap Toulouse, and thanks to a friend I actually have one, something I have wanted for years! One day I would love to give him a mate of the same breed.

~J @ Nigerian Meadows Farm

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a nice collection of critters! Cochins are such lovely birds. I just love their docile ways.

Make yourself at home here. And feel free to ask any questions you may have about things.

Enjoy your wonderful farm and welcome to our flock!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You have many animals there on your farm that must keep you very busy! Sounds like you really love your goose here is the link for the geese section of the forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese drop by for all the goose chat with the experts they may even be able to help to find a mate for your male.
Wishing you the very best of luck and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

It sounds like you have a lovely farm! Good luck with all your animals.

Back
Top Bottom