Hi from NE Georgia, new member.

Will retire later this year. Even though we have 17 horses for The Riding School, a goat, a mini horse, and I am the only "worker", Wife is the instructor. I am thinking, I have about a 2000 sq ft area I could put a roof on and enclose for chickens. The 6 month old's, hard to tell from a pic, but I do not remember my chickens looking that good. My last flock, got old, had their door opened to the "wild" for the last 4 years. I don't think I have ever lost one to a Hawk. But the Hawk gets breakfast right near the chickens daily.

Attachments

• Hawk-blurry-300-ft.jpg
    Hawk-blurry-300-ft.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1
So the 6 week old's, keeping for a while to see which are roosters and which to keep. I certainly do not think I can deal with eggs from 70 chickens. I still remember years ago, 2 doz a day, took 30 min to collect, clean, package, date and put back in the fridge for the parents to buy. Little ones: Americana, Wyandotte, Red Sex links, California Whites, Black and Cuckoo Marans, Salmon Faverolle. Right about here, in the picture, we knew we had more than we ordered. Was moving them from 1 gal water to auto water.

Attachments

• 18-days-chicks.jpg
    18-days-chicks.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 1
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

You have definitely come to the right place for all the chicken math and addiction! Sorry, we can't do much other than enable you. :lol:

Make yourself at home here. If you have any questions about anything along the way, be sure to ask. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to BYC! Chicken math got you bad!
I imagined being a manager at a hatchery. Call everyone into a meeting. "Ok, listen up, we got 3000 extra hatchlings this morning. I want them all shipped out by lunch. Just add them to other orders." I have no idea how they schedule this shipping of hatchlings. I called up a very nice Lady at Estes Hatchery, Judy, and asked about my extra chicks. She said they just have enough to cover the orders most days.

Back
Top Bottom