Hi from NE Georgia, new member.

WOW that's a lot of chickies!!! Good for you, working it out so well. Welcome to BYC! :welcome
:frow
I never had Buff Orpington before this batch of 6 month old's. They sure are fluffy. I joke with people and say, " I am not sure where the chicken stops and the Feathers start.

Attachments

• Buff-6-month.jpg
    Buff-6-month.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 1
This was before they arrived. Had them locked up in here for the first 2 weeks. Everyday I was working outside of this getting the larger pen ready for them. At 2 weeks they did not fit in here anymore, had to open the door. That feeder, did not hold enough food for 160 chicks....LOL

Attachments

• Before-arrival-feeder-lasted-one-hour.jpg
    Before-arrival-feeder-lasted-one-hour.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 1
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

You have definitely come to the right place for all the chicken math and addiction! Sorry, we can't do much other than enable you. :lol:

Make yourself at home here. If you have any questions about anything along the way, be sure to ask. Welcome aboard!
Planning on hatching some out later this summer. My incubator holds 42. Pretty sure I need a bigger one. We used this several times, a decade ago.

Attachments

• Hova-Bator-maybe 15yo.jpg
    Hova-Bator-maybe 15yo.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 1
Planning on hatching some out later this summer. My incubator holds 42. Pretty sure I need a bigger one. We used this several times, a decade ago.
After a decade, it's probably fallen our of calibration. I'd invest in a new one. Good luck with your hatches!

Back
Top Bottom