Hi from Nebraska

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tjparker60, Mar 2, 2016.

1. tjparker60

tjparker60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2016
    I don't have chickens yet? We are just now building our coop and runs! I am very interested in the silkies especially the blues. I stumbled across BackYardChickens when I was googling info on raising chickens! Some of my other hobbies are crocheting and sewing for my grandchildren. I am the wife of a retired Air Force Officer, the mom of 2 children and Mimi to 3 grandchildren. Before settling in Nebraska, we moved 10 times in 15 years so I'm very happy to be settled and don't plan on ever moving again. I am a former high school history teacher and now I am a wildlife Rehabilitator who specializes in baby squirrels... mainly pinkies who weigh anywhere from 19-25 grams. I am a mom of 6 dogs and one kitty who lives under my porch after someone dumped her here! I hope to learn a lot from this site in order to be a successful chicken mom!!!

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Hi welcome to BYC, thats awesome that you are a rehabiltator, there was a lady across the road from my grandpas farm and she did deer, squirrels, opossums, rabbits, and lots of others.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

There are threads on many topics, including crochet, quilting, baking, gardening etc etc so be sure to scan through the threads.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    There was a person near us that rehabilitated geese, ducks, pheasants and I forget what else. Interesting to walk past his property and see what was there. Welcome to Backyard chickens - hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    1 person likes this.
  8. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer

Hi, and welcome. As CTKen mentioned, there's a thread about crochet. The members' projects are worth checking out and if you feel like posting yours, I bet everyone will be interested.

1 person likes this.
  9. tjparker60

tjparker60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2016
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm excited! I've been looking at all the coops and runs! We have a meeting with a builder on Friday!!!! I hope you all will bear with me as I'll have tons of questions!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by