Hi from Ocean Beach-San Francisco

siammurph

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 7, 2012
Our flock says hello. Since we expanded, we decided to build a new coop. My 100 foot roll of 1/2 inch wire mesh arrives Friday. We have a big problem with raccoons so we need to build it tight.

Sadly, we discovered 1 of our chicks turned out to be a rooster. I was in denial but he started crowing today. He is beautiful and looks like one of those classic roosters you see depicted in childrens books. Local laws say no to roosters. I will see if no one complains.

Anyone want to start a petition to get law over turned?

Anyway, a big hello.

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png
. You might find some great advice on starting a petition here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Welcome! Sorry to hear your girl crow. It happens, and I personally love a friendly crowing rooster. Lots of info here, good luck. Vwelcome to BYC!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Living with 6 roosters, I can certainly see why people don't exactly love them. You might try posting on your state thread, or in the Free Rehoming section of the Buy-Sell-Trade section.

Our flock says hello. Since we expanded, we decided to build a new coop. My 100 foot roll of 1/2 inch wire mesh arrives Friday. We have a big problem with raccoons so we need to build it tight.

Sadly, we discovered 1 of our chicks turned out to be a rooster. I was in denial but he started crowing today. He is beautiful and looks like one of those classic roosters you see depicted in childrens books. Local laws say no to roosters. I will see if no one complains.

Anyone want to start a petition to get law over turned?

Anyway, a big hello.
Welcome from Cape Cod
welcome-byc.gif

I love roosters, I really hope no one complains

Back
Top Bottom