Hi from PA.

padave

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
I'm ready to get about 3-4 hensfor eggs only. My local laws permit chickens as long as there is no noise and no smell. As far as the noise goes would anyone here recomend a certian breed that is quiet or do they all make noise. I just don't want to go through all the trouble of building a coop and having a complaint and I would have to scrap the whole project.

It all depends on the individual bird, some will say some are quieter than others. They can be noisy when they do the egg song. If you bribe your neighbors with eggs you might be OK.
frow.gif
Hi, from Big Bear Calif, always good to meet another feather brainier.
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hi
welcome-byc.gif
-- my barred rocks seem to be less noisy than my buffs ... but you may get a "talker" even with them ..... I don't know how you feel about Bantams,but I would have to say my Cochin bantams are the best about being quite.... good luck

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas, padave! Happy you joined our site! I think it depends on your neighbors. I think some breeds might be less vocal but if you can pay off a neighbor occasionally with a few eggs it might be worth the effort. Best of luck!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom