Hi from Redford, Michigan!

redfordchick

Chirping
Feb 8, 2015
Michigan
Hello all, I am in the process of planning my first flock. I've been interested for a couple years now and we have recently moved to a city that allows chickens. Plus, we have a huge and awesome yard for it with the blessing of our neighbor. I have some more research to do to make sure I follow the ordinances here, but I'm very excited! Are there any other chicken keepers who live in my area? Would love to meet some local folks and hear their experience. :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You might stop by your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors in Michigan..https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/697050/michigan-thread-all-are-welcome

I sure hope you can get a flock of chickens soon! They are so much fun to keep and can be quite affectionate as well!!

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

[COLOR=333333]Hello there and welcome to BYC! [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]:frow [/COLOR]

You might stop by your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors in Michigan..https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/697050/michigan-thread-all-are-welcome

I sure hope you can get a flock of chickens soon! They are so much fun to keep and can be quite affectionate as well!!

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

I searched for Redford, there doesnt seem to be any active members in my city. That's ok! I have a couple friends who keep chickens.

I'm thinking of starting with 3-4. I'll get them from my friend who is a pasture based farmer, don't know what the specific title for her would be, aside from Super Woman! From the books I've read and her recommendation, I think I'll start with Barred Rocks, and an Ameraucana or 2. I imagine ending up with 6-8 total.

I searched for Redford, there doesnt seem to be any active members in my city. That's ok! I have a couple friends who keep chickens.

I'm thinking of starting with 3-4. I'll get them from my friend who is a pasture based farmer, don't know what the specific title for her would be, aside from Super Woman! From the books I've read and her recommendation, I think I'll start with Barred Rocks, and an Ameraucana or 2. I imagine ending up with 6-8 total.

Good luck in getting your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined the BYC "flock".

Barred Rocks and Ameraucanas should be good birds for you that will lay plenty of eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom