Hi from Southern California.

Socaleggs

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
Greetings BYC community. A month ago my wife and I became hooked on chickens when someone gave us two hens. Today we have 14 pullets, 4 full grown hens and two roosters. Also I had to build a henhouse fitting my wife's need for something "pretty". We have american as, RiRs, welsummers, and turckens. I am free ranging our adult birds and am especially interested in organically sustainable poultry and beekeeping ( we have a small hive as well). I look forward to gleaning all the chicken wisdom I can and here's to many organic eggs to come!

What a beautiful coop, it looks like a Lego house - meant as a sincere compliment. It's so bright and cheery I bet neighbors would never guess until they see chickens streaming in and out.

images

Welcome to BYC!

What a cute little coop!! If you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Enjoy your new flock and welcome to BYC!

Thank you so much for everyone's generous comments, we already feel very welcomed! Yes I posted a new page in the Coop design section with more pictures of the build process as well.

Greetings BYC community. A month ago my wife and I became hooked on chickens when someone gave us two hens. Today we have 14 pullets, 4 full grown hens and two roosters. Also I had to build a henhouse fitting my wife's need for something "pretty". We have american as, RiRs, welsummers, and turckens. I am free ranging our adult birds and am especially interested in organically sustainable poultry and beekeeping ( we have a small hive as well). I look forward to gleaning all the chicken wisdom I can and here's to many organic eggs to come!

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom