Hi from the UK

ells

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
Hi everyone

My partner and I have been keeping chickens since christmas and having spent hours searching and reading all the chicken information on the web we thought it was time to join a forum.

We currently have 6 chickens: 1 silver sussex, 1 silver link, 2 lavender araucanas and 1 silver campine. The final one is an unknown! I think she could be a warren, but would love to hear other people's opinions on her (she's the bird in my avatar picture).

It hasn't taken long for us to become totally addicted to chickens, I think I spend most of my spare time with the chickens, making something for them or looking up things about them! We've already made numerous changes to the run and coop in the few months we've had them and I'm sure we'll continue to do so.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and stories

Ellie

welcome-byc.gif

Hi I just joined the forum today, I am from Scotland, no chickens yet but making plans and decided to find some information from real people before buying some. Books are great but its brilliant to ask some basic questions to people who will know the answers x

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
This is a great forum to learn all about chickens. The people on here are so nice and helpful. Hoping you enjoy your chickens as much as I do. When you learn chicken math that is when the fun really begins.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

We or that should be me, have had chcikens for a year as my husband realy wanted some, but some how im the one who feeds, cleans and lets out and puts away, and i wouldnt have it any other way, i love them to bits,I have a ex battery (one died last week) one from a farm,we have got a new shed for them been puttig it up fro a week as hubby works so has to do it when he gets back, we have cut a pop hole on one side to the small out side run and one in the shed door so they can come out in the monings into a large run. I spend most of my spare time just sitting in their run and watching them. I hope to get some sussex and bluebell soon. havefun with your chickens as they realy do get to you, my daughter thinks im mad as i talk to them all the time.

Back
Top Bottom