Hi from Upstate NY!

Thank you.
I think my biggest problems are losing them to the local wildlife or having them get hurt. I also have a hard time in the winter - and knowing I have to take care of them even when I don't want to go outside can be draining sometimes.
If I do get back into chickens, I've got more ideas, like how to build fort knox, better coop designs, etc. I have been tempted by chicken math, but so far, have been able to resist knowing I could easily get overwhelmed.
I'll probably live vicariously through this site and laugh at the enablers :lol: Now that I have an account, I may even join in :lau
I have a limit that my coop can fit and I will not go over that (hopefully). I just hatched 21 chicks I'm using for meat (I am keeping maybe 2 depending on coloring) and it'll feed my family so I'm happy about that.

We have had to redo a lot due to predators but it's only helped our flock every time we do it. Predators are hard to keep up with, but eventually you'll find something that works.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

We are so glad you decided to join our community! If you feel you must let go of chickens, it's ok! :hugs Not all of us keep a flock and many BYCer's do not! I recently lost my last hen of 9+ years old and I do not have any chickens either! :oops: BYC is a nice and in my opinion the ONLY nice social media out there. We are a wonderful group of sensitive and understanding folks, we have social threads you can chat in, a family life forum, other pets and livestock forums, you can chat about just anything.

So feel free to peck around here on BYC and we hope you stay. :)

Back
Top Bottom