Hi from Voßfeld in Germany

Wow, welcome. I'm somewhat familiar w/ the territory. My husband is from Zurich, Switzerland. I've been there a dozen times. We just got our own dozen. It looks like the Appenzeller might be good for you, a breed from Suisse,

Quote:
Hi,
Switzerland is quite a trip from us but lovely place. My wife has relations there who have a hotel and being a Paraglider pilot also a nice place to fly in.
We now have our little family, 6 Bovan, 2 Hampshire and an Italien Rooster to keep them in order. Also just ordered an Incubator as we think it will be fun for the children and also me and my wife.

Hello! I lived in Karlsruhe Germany for a few years, and toured Berchtesgaden and Salzburg Austria while I was there. I loved it and didn't want to leave. Should have went to France, it was very close, but we didn't make it. Dumb!

There is another breed called Golden Lakenvelders that is very similar in looks to the other bird someone posted. I have one and they're lovely. I was actually thinking that Brahmas, Cochins or Orpintons would be a good bird for the cold climate. I have Cochins and they're incredibly beautiful, and big and fluffy.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. We used to live in Stuttgart area before we took the plunge to move to the east. Everyone was knocking the east but it really is a lovely place to live and those who knock it should come and see it. We would never move back.
I've got my small family of fethered friends now 6 Bovan, 2 Hampshire and one Italian Rooster (who I think is gay) We are all getting used to each other. Even bought a incubator, which just arrived today but at the moment see no need for it unless our Rooster reads a teach yourself book in the next weeks:) Early days yet so no rush.
Ever this way look us up. All BYC members are always welcome.

I've got my small family of fethered friends now 6 Bovan, 2 Hampshire and one Italian Rooster (who I think is gay)

Oh no! Maybe it's just a phase, lol!

One of my roosters is about 6 months and just can't figure out how to do it right, and the girls usually run away from him before he can even try. Poor guy!

My other rooster started trying to breed at a little over 3 months and the girls hated him for it, but now that they've matured he doesn't even have chase them or even to bite their necks to hang on. That guy has amazing balance!

Yours will get the idea. Best wished to you, and I'm sure you'll have some nice eggs to hatch very soon.​

Hi and welcome.

So exciting to be getting chickens eh?

where would you get them from? Are their hatcheries around there or would you need to go find a farmer?

Back
Top Bottom