1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Voßfeld in Germany

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jonty, Oct 11, 2008.

1. jonty

jonty Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Voßfeld Germany
    Just like to say hi to every one here. I'm English but live here in Germany and having moved to a bigger place we thought about keeping a few chickens. I'm new to all this but came across this forum, which has been a great help already and looks like very friendly people. I'm sure I will learn a lot here, so thanks for having me.

jonty

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

What breed of chickens do you have?

3. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Welcome. This is a great place to get all kinds of information and help.

4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    WellllCome! [​IMG]

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* [​IMG] BYC is the only place to be!! WELCOME!!

6. roosmom

roosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    upper peninsula
    [​IMG]
    What kind of chickens do you want to get? or do you have them already?
    Where do you live in Germany?
    What is the weather like where you live?

Glad you found us [​IMG]

7. jonty

jonty Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Voßfeld Germany
    Quote:We don't have any chickens yet. I have the coop and the fencing will be delivered next week, We also have the feeders and water container. Oh and we bought food today. But I want to look around first and learn before we get the chickens, only fair to our feathered friends.
    As for what breed this is the question I asked myself. We want something that easy to keep and good layer, so open to expert advice
    We live in a very small village called Voßeld. The funny ß is in fact short for ss so you could write it "Vossfeld" There are only 20 people in the village and surounded by countryside. Oh and it's in the East of Germany. We moved from one end of Germany to the other.
    The weather has been quite good at the moment. Today we had 20°C and sunshine but don't think it will be long before winter is with us.
    Thanks for your reply and any help on breeds would be nice.

jonty

8. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG] What major city do you live near? When I was growing up my father was in the Army and we did two three year tours there.

9. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    We live in a very small village called Voßeld. The funny ß is in fact short for ss so you could write it "Vossfeld" There are only 20 people in the village and surounded by countryside.

Cool! So you could get 2 of every breed!

Willkommen!​

10. jonty

jonty Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Voßfeld Germany
    Quote:Berlin is about hour and half drive. Rostock about an hour. We are in the middle of noware. Nearest shop is 12 km away. Same with schools

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by