HI from Washington (state)

Plucky Pullet

Songster
9 Years
Aug 18, 2010
Hi to all, Just joined the forum tonight. I have always wanted to have chickens and 2 days ago I became a proud momma hen to a chicken (or pullet) that I found wandering down a semi-busy city road. I am new to keeping chickens and am happy to take any advice you guys can offer me....
Thanks for reading
Nice to meet you all:)

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

Wow. Welcome! Where abouts in Washington are you? (Never mind, I just saw Enumclaw...I spent most of my life in Seattle)
And, your pullet will most likely be happier if you get her a friend. Wandering down a city street. What a great story. Do you have a picture?

Last edited:
I do have pictures however my camera is giving me a little grief at the moment. I really want to determine if Speckles is indeed a girl, so pictures to come as soon as. She is a very cute little thing about 4 months old black with white speckles (hence the name). The vet says she is in good health but she is on CEFA drops due to a raw spot on her foot. I do want to get her a friend or two (what a perfect excuse for chicken shopping) but this time of year I am having trouble finding pullets, and to be honest am not too sure where to look. I will also need to get a coop in the next week or so too.....

Back
Top Bottom