Hi from Western North Carolina

welcome-byc.gif
from Idaho!

Wow, thanks all for the nice welcome!  Already I'm getting great advice on where to find my new additions to my pet family.  I can see I'm going to love this place...just might spend more time here than I do on Facebook from now on...lol. 

BuffyGRL, to answer where in NC I live, it's in Franklin, NC, a beautiful area with a view of the mountains from almost every window I look out of.

I live on 10 acres just outside of town and at one time during the past 30 yrs. of living here, it was home to a couple dogs, cats, 4 pygmy goats, 2 horses, chickens, 2 geese, rabbits, ferrets and 1 turkey.  They all lived long lives and as they passed on,  I decided to simplify my life a little and not replace the farm animals.  But I decided I can't give up having those cute chickens for the rest of my life, so here I go....../img/smilies/lol.png

Right now I have 2 rescued greyhounds from tracks in FL who both are now 11 yrs. old, a hound-mix dog, a rat terrier, 1 ancient calico cat, and 2 lovebirds.

Again, I appreciate the warm welcome./img/smilies/frow.gif

Hi! I know this is an older thread, but I was searching for WNC folks and came across your post. I'm not too far from you (Rutherford County), but I noticed that you have 2 greys! I have a grey, too! We also foster some for our adoption group. We also have a border collie and just lost our 10 year old Borzoi last month. How do your greys do with your chicks? Our girl is very high prey drive, but to my surprise is doing well with the chicks. She won't go near them as long as I'm outside with her, but if I turn my back on her she is trying to get to them. We have them in a 20x15 burried dog kennel inside our fenced backyard, so she can't hurt them, but I would love for her to leave them along. Do you think she will get better with time?

Back
Top Bottom