Hi ! Gender on my 4 week old ?

lydiagirl99

Songster
5 Years
May 31, 2016
Michigan (By The Thumb)
Could you guys possibly tell me the gender on my 4 week old Faverolle, RSL mix ? His name is Penguin. I just found out my 6 week old chick is a roo so I'm hoping for a pullet but, if Penguin ends up being a Roo, I'll just make a bachelor pad for him and my other chick considering they love eachother. THanks in advance !

junebuggena

Crowing
Apr 17, 2015
Long Beach, WA
Could you guys possibly tell me the gender on my 4 week old Faverolle, RSL mix ? His name is Penguin. I just found out my 6 week old chick is a roo so I'm hoping for a pullet but, if Penguin ends up being a Roo, I'll just make a bachelor pad for him and my other chick considering they love eachother. THanks in advance !

That chick did not come from a Faverolle/red sexlink breeding. Just not possible, with that coloring and clean legs. And it's too young to determine gender.

junebuggena

Crowing
Apr 17, 2015
Long Beach, WA
So you think he's just a mixed breed ?
Absolutely. Faverolles are most commonly a color/pattern called Salmon. It's a silver base color wheaten with a mahogany gene. Your boy is Birchen, it's a completely different combination of colorpattern genes. He also doesn't look like he has 5 toes or feathered legs. The only thing he has in common with a Faverolle is a single comb, white skin, and muffs; and those features are hardly unique to a Faverolle. Many, many breeds have single combs. And white skin is also a feature of many breeds. And muffs are also a common feature of Ameraucana, Easter Eggers, and some bantam breeds.
Basically, there are several breed combinations that could have produced your boy's looks. He's not a simple A plus B mix. If he does have Faverolle in his background, it was a few generations back for him to not have feathered legs.

Last edited:

Top Bottom