Hi ! Gender on my 4 week old ?

lydiagirl99

Songster
5 Years
May 31, 2016
Michigan (By The Thumb)
Could you guys possibly tell me the gender on my 4 week old Faverolle, RSL mix ? His name is Penguin. I just found out my 6 week old chick is a roo so I'm hoping for a pullet but, if Penguin ends up being a Roo, I'll just make a bachelor pad for him and my other chick considering they love eachother. THanks in advance !

Could you guys possibly tell me the gender on my 4 week old Faverolle, RSL mix ? His name is Penguin. I just found out my 6 week old chick is a roo so I'm hoping for a pullet but, if Penguin ends up being a Roo, I'll just make a bachelor pad for him and my other chick considering they love eachother. THanks in advance !

That chick did not come from a Faverolle/red sexlink breeding. Just not possible, with that coloring and clean legs. And it's too young to determine gender.

So you think he's just a mixed breed ?
Absolutely. Faverolles are most commonly a color/pattern called Salmon. It's a silver base color wheaten with a mahogany gene. Your boy is Birchen, it's a completely different combination of colorpattern genes. He also doesn't look like he has 5 toes or feathered legs. The only thing he has in common with a Faverolle is a single comb, white skin, and muffs; and those features are hardly unique to a Faverolle. Many, many breeds have single combs. And white skin is also a feature of many breeds. And muffs are also a common feature of Ameraucana, Easter Eggers, and some bantam breeds.
Basically, there are several breed combinations that could have produced your boy's looks. He's not a simple A plus B mix. If he does have Faverolle in his background, it was a few generations back for him to not have feathered legs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom