Hi I’m new

chrissyd79

Chirping
Nov 5, 2021
My name is Christina. Here are a few facts about me.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I started raising them March of 2020

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 9 hens

(3) What breeds do you have?

1 Gold Star, 4 Red leghorns, and 4 Olive Eggers

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They‘re so cute and they each have their own personalities. I didn’t even like eggs very much until I had hens. Now I eat a scrambled egg for breakfast because they work so hard to lay eggs for me . My family loves the fresh eggs, though!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, writing, working out, music ( play flute and piano)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Me and my husband live in Colorado, we also have a cat and a dog.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found BYC through Google when I was learning how to raise chicken last spring. I finally joined because I had a question to post.

Welcome Chrisrtina from me in the UK

You've joined an amazing group. There are people on here who will help and advise you whenever you need it. A collective knowledge and wisdom that only comes from so many people who are willing to share it with others.

I am not the most active poster because work gets in the way, but this is a great place to be, even if you don't actually feel you can offer much in return.

Enjoy your hens - and you are spot on - they are all different personalities - and they are far more intelligent than most people give them credit for.

I absolutely LOVE that you eat eggs now to show your appreciation for your hens' hard work. You clearly fit in perfectly with this community!

I haven't seem your posted question, but whatever it is, I'm sure someone here will be able to offer some help. It's a great group of folks who know a lot of things about a lot of things.

Welcome to BYC, Christina! It's good to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom