Hi! I’ve just joined 🤗

SoulSista

Hatching
Nov 24, 2021
I decided a couple of months back to add some chicken’s to my family. I googled different breeds to ensure a good fit. I fell in love with Orpingtons, and they suit us very well. After struggling to find any (other than day old chicks 3 1/2hours away- and being a newbie I wasn’t going to try that!😄) I contacted the poultry club, and got the name of a breeder. He had 4 available, 10 month old hens. 1 black, 1 blue and 2 buff. Ohhh they are devine! 😍

I contacted the breeder again a month later, and asked if he had any extra he would part with, plus a Rooster, preferably black. He had 2 more black hens, 2 buff and a buff rooster! So we have 9 all up, the perfect size.

Im a DogTrainer, living on a small peninsula in SA. My other family members are 2 small dogs, who’ve been slowly introduced to the flock, most recently, onlead while the chooks are free-ranging the yard.

The rooster has been a lovely addition. Loves his girls, not bothered by the doggo’s, and calm, even tho he was housed singly before coming to us.

I really look forward to learning and sharing in Backyard Chickens! Have a great week everyone!

Back
Top Bottom