hi i am a chicken addict i think

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OC closet chicken fan, Oct 7, 2011.

1. OC closet chicken fan

OC closet chicken fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    so. cal orange county
    hi yall,

long time lurker/learner here... this year back in june something came over me and i wasn't myself... went out and got five day-old chicks from a feed store... long story short, wifey still don't approve but its all history now (i hope)... now i am just waiting for my 5 pullets to start laying [​IMG] ...ok i gotta get back to work... later

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Texas

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. OC closet chicken fan

Oct 7, 2011
    so. cal orange county
    thanks yall for the warm welcome!

ill eventually learn my way around here... what's the weather like where yall are?... it's sunny n nice here is orange county california! i forgot to introduce my super backyard flock of 5... puff orp, brown leghorn, RIR, cuckoo marans and EE [​IMG]

5. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    hello from Minnesota! Its lovely weather here! lowers 70's today.. not to shabby for Minnesota in October. I am a Chicken Addict as well! [​IMG] Cute little fuzzy bums! I have 2 Red Production pullets and 2 Sliver laced wyandotte Pullets. 1 Buff orpington Roo and 3 Welsh Harlequin ducks [​IMG] sorry if i spelled anything wrong lol

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Welcome to the addiction!

[​IMG]

7. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!! Glad you joined!! [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, OC and [​IMG]. Glad you joined us! [​IMG] I bet your wife will come around once the eggs start rolling in!

10. OC closet chicken fan

Oct 7, 2011
    so. cal orange county
    Quote:thanks! i really really hope so too... she brings it up everytime when she's "cranky" and talks about my priorities (... i know the way i went about getting chicken was a bit on the shady side but what i can i say... i like chickens... i sorta pop the chicken question while she was falling asleep and she said "yeah" ...seemed like a great idea at the time)

i got my day-old pullets in mid june... so from what i have read on BYC they should be laying real soon right? i better get those nest boxes in fast... wish me luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by