Hi, I just joined

pegasuschick

Songster
11 Years
Jan 23, 2009
Great Pacific NW
My name is gina and I am just starting to get back into chickens again. I have had some here and there but now am interested into getting into some pure breds and possibly raising one of the threatened breeds.
I have had animals all my life, and raised miniature horses for over 20 years.
I am also a watercolor artist and really enjoy painting chickens!
I tried to hatch one batch of eggs and failed miserably because the thermostat on my bator wasn't working correctly. Never having hatched anything before I was not sure how the thermostat should be acting.
So............I got a new thermostat and spent two weeks calibrating the incubator. Bought some more eggs and am now just starting them.
I have some mixed in there and two black silkies and some silver spangled wyandottes. I am thinking that I would like to make the favoralle bantams my breed to raise so I have ten of those in there too.
The temp seems to be controllable this time so I am holding my breath that this will be a successful hatch.
Thanks for letting me join.
Oh, almost forgot. I am going to try to build my own bator from the plans that I found here. Will keep you posted.
Gina
smile.png

Three chihuahuas, one min pin, one naughty Senegal parrot and one spoiled desert tortoise.
I also have a boarding kennel for small dogs.

Back
Top Bottom