Hi I just want to share !!!!

Thanks everyone for the support. I’m kinda freaking out on how many eggs I’m going to have .

I've never had a problem getting rid of excess eggs and you might not either! Friends, family, neighbors, co-workers...there's always a market there.

And feeding some back to the flock is another option. I crack several eggs into a bowl and toss it in the microwave for a minute or so, just enough to lightly scramble them (no salt, pepper or dairy). The chickens love them!

I've never had a problem getting rid of excess eggs and you might not either! Friends, family, neighbors, co-workers...there's always a market there.

And feeding some back to the flock is another option. I crack several eggs into a bowl and toss it in the microwave for a minute or so, just enough to lightly scramble them (no salt, pepper or dairy). The chickens love them!

I had my first omelet today with my eggs and mmmm it’s so rewarding

WOW, you got lucky, I have 21 girls (I think my asian black is a cockerel now :barnie) and none have started laying yet!!! some over 8 months and some just little below that! Can't wait for my first egg though!:wee

Do you think it might be something you are feeding them ? My birds get a high high protein feed with pumpkins and farm scarps. Also I have Alfalfa hay that I was able to get from work . That I think has helped . Plus lots of love can’t hurt

Do you think it might be something you are feeding them ? My birds get a high high protein feed with pumpkins and farm scarps. Also I have Alfalfa hay that I was able to get from work . That I think has helped . Plus lots of love can’t hurt
Nope, They get layer/ flock chick 16% layer and the flock chick is 16-28 weeks I think? most of mine are only 5 months! but the ones who aren't!!! :barnie

Hello everyone

I’m new here and my girls just started laying . It’s so eggciting
Welcome to the forum. It's a great feeling isn't it !/? I don't know how far you can or are going with it, but even if it is just one meal a year, but pulling a whole family delicious feast from the backyard is an awesome thing. I swear if I lived by the ocean I'd evaporate the salt just to have done it all.

This was from this morning

Attachments

• BB429CF4-87D0-404A-B8D0-5DF4B93CBE2A.jpeg
    BB429CF4-87D0-404A-B8D0-5DF4B93CBE2A.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 4
  • D7A3EC7E-2DEC-4F90-B904-3262ABB88E64.jpeg
    D7A3EC7E-2DEC-4F90-B904-3262ABB88E64.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom