Hi! I need help

BCRed14

Hatching
Jul 26, 2016
I am building my coop and am not sure what to use for siding. I am on a budget so does anyone have any ideas for something cheap but nice looking?

Last edited:
I am building my coop and am not sure what to use for siding. I am on a budget so does anyone have any ideas for something cheap but nice looking?
Welcome to BYC @BCRed14 !

Finding used materials can be hard, but that's your best bet for 'cheap'.
Craigslist, Habitat Restore, etc.
Telling us more about your coop, and posting some pics of what you have so far, might help.

Welcome to BYC @BCRed14
!

Finding used materials can be hard, but that's your best bet for 'cheap'.
Craigslist, Habitat Restore, etc.
Telling us more about your coop, and posting some pics of what you have so far, might help.

I don't have anything really done yet. I am getting the lumber for the framing today. I will check the habitat store. I didn't think of that. Thank you!

I don't have anything done yet. I a. Picking up the 2x4s today to get started. I will try to post pics when we get it going. Thanks for you though! I didn't think of habitat. I'll look there.

We like cedar fence pickets, they are 5" X 6' long, are inexpensive and often on sale. They hold up to weather without being painted, and are resistant to termites. Our coop also has metal siding on 3 sides, we closed it up with the cedar. If we were starting from scratch it would be all wood.

Last edited:
We like cedar fence pickets, they are 5" X 6' long, are inexpensive and often on sale. They hold up to weather without being painted, and are resistant to termites. Our coop also has metal siding on 3 sides, we closed it up with the cedar. If we were starting from scratch it would be all wood.
I wish cedar fell under the 'cheap' category.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom