Hi! I raise bobwhite quail and am fascinated by poultry in general!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Please check out the quail forum. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Hello, there. I've recently started raising bobwhite quail (they're 11 weeks old as of last Sunday) and love learning about birds. I also have a quail Instagram called quailtasticquail if you'd like to check that out. <3
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I don't have chickens, as much as I'd like some, but I do have bobwhite quail, which are a great alternative. I ordered some eggs online in August and they hatched in November.
(2) How many chickens (quail) do you have right now?
I have 16 quail that hatched out of a clutch of 25.
(3) What breeds do you have?
I have Jumbo Wisconsin bobwhites.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens (quail)?
Every time I go out to their aviary, I chuckle because they're such silly birds (and sometimes stupid.) Especially when I wait too long to put them in their coop, they'll all hunker down together and not know what's going on when I wake them up to put them inside. Haha!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like reading and learning more than anything! I also like to draw.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have two cats and yeah...that's it :)
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I've known about BYC for a while know, probably around a year. I found it when I was researching polish chickens, and this website came up! I finally joined BYC when I began having questions on the specifics of raising quail, and my Instagram community couldn't help me.
Welcome to BYC!
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock!
I have quail eggs in my bator right now. :woot
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops
BYC has an APP

Back
Top Bottom